The SFQ Sports Academy, responded to the high demand for a quality swim squad and formed the SFQSwimSquad in 2015 with their motto being ‘safety, fitness, friendship and fun’. With the immediate positive response we now hold regular swimming classes and trainings by expert coaches, in several pools across Doha, all year round.
The SFQ Swim Squad is lead under the guidance of our Director of Swimming, Victoria Waters, as well as a strong team of supporting coaches.
Researchers have found that swimming exercises just about every muscle in your body, plus children love being in the water. What a wonderful combination to keep them happy and healthy in one class.
Why Your Child Should Learn to Swim
Children absolutely love swimming, and with the sun shining in Doha year round there is no reason to not have them enjoying the cool waters of a swimming pool and learning something at the same time. Here are just some advantages any swimmer will benefit from:
- It keeps your heart and lungs healthy, improves strength and flexibility, increases stamina and even improves balance and posture.
- You have plenty of opportunities to make friends and grow in confidence.
- Swimming opens the door to other sports and activities, including: competitive swimming, scuba diving, rowing and sailing and even becoming the next Olympic champion!
- It’s a skill that once learnt is rarely forgotten.
- Swimming provides challenges and discipline that can be carried into your everyday life and a vital skill set for children.
- This skill may save a life one day